In response to the escalation of the global COVID-19 pandemic over recent weeks and the subsequent government guidelines and restrictions, at UTAX (UK) we are focusing on two main priorities: the health and well-being of our dedicated staff and our continued contractual obligations to our customers with particular focus on those who are providing essential services to the country’s fight against this threat.
With effect from 1 April 2020, we will be implementing the next phase of our business resilience plan by putting in place the following measures:
Orders & Deliveries: Currently, we are still operational and dispatching orders where we have sufficient stock and subject to confirmation from customers that recipients are able to receive goods. Goods will only be invoiced at point of delivery but may be subject to refused delivery fees should delivery not be able to take place after confirmation is received
- Installations: Our installation service will be suspended; it is possible to make enquiries and request installation dates, however at this stage we are unable to guarantee any future installation dates
- Direct Service technical assistance: as normal, we are continuing to triage all calls, resolving issues remotely wherever possible. We have implemented a process of confirming that sites are safe for our technicians to attend and only if the call is deemed necessary by UTAX in line with our Key Workers definition and a completed Site Visit Health Declaration is received from the customer will an emergency technician be allocated. There are no exceptions to this rule and any non-urgent issues will be assigned to a technician to be dealt with when restrictions are lifted
- Direct Service toner and supplies: We will continue to dispatch toner orders, placed either through our automated toner replenishment system or manually accompanying a status page. All orders will only be dispatched once confirmation that the recipient is able to receive the goods
- Parts: Inevitably, there will be interruptions to the supply chain including to transportation from our manufacturing sites throughout the globe. The knock-on effect will be some disruption to the availability of some items. We will do our best to fulfil all requests, prioritising customers providing essential services
- Technical Support: we will continue to offer assistance through our Technical Hotline for all mechanical enquiries alongside Solutions and IT Support. You will still be able to submit warranty claims but the timescales for the return of faulty parts has been extended to 31st May 2020 for all claims*
- UTAX Staff: representatives from each UTAX department will be available to assist you either by phone on 01793 786000 or by email. Please be aware that there may be a delay in responding to your enquiry, but we will respond to all queries as quickly as possible. To speed up this process, please use the following generic email addresses:
We are continually monitoring and assessing the situation and, of course, following the guidance issued by the UK’s Chief Medical Officer. We will continue to communicate to you as this fluid situation develops.
We appreciate your understanding and patience.
With kind regards
UTAX (UK) Ltd
*subject to ongoing review